Cornerstone Technologies Drives Hong Kong’s EV Adoption With Five Government Projects
400 new charging points installed in public car parks, shopping complex, recreational venues, and rural locations across Hong Kong
HONG KONG, 19th April, 2021 – Cornerstone Technologies Holdings Limited (“Cornerstone Technologies”), a leading innovator of environmental and sustainability solutions, today announced details of five government projects to add 400 charging points in urban and rural locations across Hong Kong. Two of the projects were funded by Hong Kong SAR government’s initiative to invest HK$120 million to extend the total number of chargers in the city to 1,700 by 2022. These projects reinforce Cornerstone Technologies’ commitment to accelerating electric vehicles (EV) adoption by providing accessible and reliable charging facilities to Hong Kongers.
“Leading a sustainable lifestyle is growing popular in Hong Kong, and EV adoption is key to helping people reduce their carbon footprint. Under the Hong Kong Roadmap on the Popularisation of EVs introduced last month, Cornerstone Technologies will continue to play an integral role in promoting EVs in Hong Kong. As a major player in the ecosystem, we will continue to engage new partners to explore sustainability projects that will benefit both the public and private sectors,” said Lawson Lau, Executive Director of Cornerstone Technologies.
As one of the first EV charging service providers in the city, Cornerstone Technologies strives to provide quality charging products and one-stop solutions tailored to the local EV ecosystem. Partnering with various Hong Kong SAR government departments, 400 additional charging points have been installed in public car parks, recreational venues, rural locations and shopping complexes across Hong Kong.
- Public Recreational Facilities
Working with the Environmental Protection Department (EPD) and the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Cornerstone Technologies will be building up to 90 charging points covering 19 public recreational facilities under the Leisure and Cultural Service Department, including sports grounds, children’s playgrounds, swimming pools, as well as public beaches.
- Government Car Parks Partnering with the EPD, 153 chargers from Cornerstone Technologies were installed in the Kwai Fong and Kennedy Town Government car parks. Cornerstone Technologies’ Load Management System (LMS) was deployed in the Kwai Fong location to effectively manage electricity supply and accommodate additional chargers without the need to increase electricity supply. The LMS was also the first in the city to be equipped with Even Distribution, Dynamic Change and Fail-safe Mode, ensuring fair, safe and reliable charging services for users.
- Remote Locations
To expand the geographical coverage of charging facilities, Cornerstone Technologies installed charging points in remote locations to serve cross-border commuters and residents on Lantau island.
- Liantang / Heung Yuen Wai Boundary Control Point As part of the Government’s pollution reduction programs Park-and-Ride (PnR) scheme, 120 charging points were installed at the border for EV drivers to park and charge their vehicles before crossing the border via public transport.
- Mui Wo, Lantau Island Cornerstone Technologies has also leveraged its expertise to install chargers for the Mui Wo outdoor charging facility with safety and space-optimization in mind. Three chargers have been mounted on a single pole to save space and chargers were installed at disabled parking spaces.
- Shopping Complex An EV charging station was installed at the Domain Shopping Mall in Kwun Tong, the largest shopping mall under the Housing Department. Cornerstone Technologies will continue to partner with the Housing Department to cover as much housing and shopping complexes as possible.
- Public Recreational Facilities
These additional charging points add on to the existing 700 units installed by Cornerstone Technologies across Hong Kong. Cornerstone Technologies hopes to continue expanding the geographic coverage of EV charging facilities in Hong Kong by working with the public, government departments and private sectors to foster a greener future for Hong Kong.
See the full list of Cornerstone Technologies’ charging stations here: https://www.cstl.com.hk/charging/charging-locations/
About Cornerstone Technologies Founded in 2016, Cornerstone Technologies (Stock Code: 8391) is a leading innovator for environmental sustainability solutions in Hong Kong. We are the catalyst for a cleaner, brighter tomorrow. Harnessing the power of high-quality, reliable technology for everyone, we help fast track you toward a better future. For more information, please visit www.cstl.com.hk.